### The objective:
A major governmental body in Karnataka aimed at successfully implementing several electronic-Governance initiatives in the country, encouraging IT innovations and empowering citizens in both urban and rural areas. Being a government entity, the Centre had a vast environment size with 70+ government departments dispersed across 5 buildings within the campus radius of 5KM. The campus functions with speedy waif and wireless solutions accessed by approximately 4000+ users.
This government centre in Karnataka had quite clear goals of providing a seamless network service across the campus. This was mainly for the citizens to have ready access to information on Government process and duties. Hence, the anticipated solutions were:
• Generating Heat Map
• Designing HLD & LLD
• Supply and installation of passive & active components
• Implementation of QOE, EAPTLS authentication and captive portal
• Migrating users to new network with less downtime
• Profiling and Posturing
Inspira understanding the client level of IT requirement suggested the following solutions to maintain consistency across networks in the campus:
• Install a three-tier network architecture. A star topology with hardware level HA at core and spine layer
• Application of wired and wireless network with next generation Aruba Access points
• Active elements supportive of accomplishing the task: - Aruba 8400 Core switches with high performance 19.2 terabits per second switching
(1.2Tbps/slot) capacity, Aruba 8320 distribution switches, Aruba 2930 access switches, Aruba 345 Access points, Aruba 7240XM WLC, Aruba Airwave NMS.
• Infront-desk for Asset/Incident/Request/Change and Problem Management
### Key Benefits
- Wifi became the focal network point across the campus with seamless connectivity and higher bandwidth, supporting uninterrupted data and video conferencing
Much secured wifi network with WIPS/WIDS
Centre policies enforced in no time across the campus with fast wireless connectivity
Privileged access designated based on the user type, profile, device and location
Wireless connectivity is supportive of managing Next generation Wi-Fi clients
Multifactor authentication supported
In consonance with the client goals, Inspira cleared the pathway to install a unified wireless solution across different departments. This widened the network reach to the public, giving speedy online access of the government activities in Karnataka.